Tenants selected to live in Hyacinth's Place will be drawn from the DC Department of Behavioral Health's waiting list. They will have to meet funding criteria regarding mental health diagnosis and income level in addition to following residential criteria:
- Female between the ages of 19-60 years,
- Income equal to or below 30% of the area median income.
- Homeless, per the federal definition: (1) An individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, or (2) An individual who has a primary nighttime residence that is:
- A supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations (including welfare hotels, congregate shelters, and transitional housing for the mentally ill);
- An institution that provides a temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized; or
- A public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
- Have a mental health diagnosis or be willing to participate in an assessment and diagnosis interview.
- Must be at least 90 days drug free and willing to submit to random drug testing.
- Must be willing to participate in a rehabilitative program and observe the rules and policies of Hyacinth's Place.
- Willing to be involved in a day-program, hold a volunteer position, enroll in a training program, seeking employment, or be employed.
- Understands that Hyacinth's Place is a supportive housing program.
- Must be medication compliant.
- Must be willing to participate in our financial management program that allows one-third of monthly income to be paid towards rent/services, one-third to be placed in a saving account for future housing purpose, and one-third for the resident's use.
- Willing to participate in all aspects of the organization's Behavioral and Therapeutic Services Program (BTSP).