Omega Psi Phi Volunteers at Hyacinth's Place
On Saturday, August 18, 2018, a crew of approximately 6-8 men from Omega Psi Phi Fraternity arrived at Hyacinth’s Place on beautiful and majestic motorcycles and volunteered to take up the carpet on the lower level and replace it with laminated wood. The last time they volunteered with us, the Omegas painted the Gazebo and cleaned the Healing Garden. They also painted the patio and cleaned the roof area.
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is the first international fraternal organization founded on the campus of a historically black college. On the evening of November 17, 1911, Omega Psi Phi was founded inside the Science Building (later renamed Thirkield Hall) at Howard University located in Washington, DC. From the initials of the Greek phrase meaning “friendship is essential to the soul,” the name Omega Psi Phi was derived. That phrase was selected as the motto. Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance and Uplift were adopted as Cardinal Principles.
The men of Omega Psi Phi truly lived up to their credo with Hyacinth’s Place.